Wednesday, February 1, 2012

what's in that kids lunchbox?....one...

I know it's not Monday yet and I really could just save this post for next Week, but that would be sneaky and not at all like me......... much........
Lucy's first day at Pre-Primary is today and this is her first packed lunch of the year. I hope it sustains her little mind as she learns the new rules of the classroom, and it gives her enough energy to play with all her friends (some old and hopefully lots of new ones too)

So to kick start my new plan of lunchbox updates: 
This Kid Has:
  • An apple (for her fruit time, all the kids bring a piece and they share it all at recess)
  • Ham, cheese, spinach, grated carrot and mayo mountain bread wrap
  • carrot sticks and lavosh crackers with chive and onion cream cheese dip
  • a fruit puree "crush up" pouch(I freeze it so it doubles as an ice pack and is all icy and slushy by lunch)
  • and a small fruit box (she also takes a water bottle so this is just a treat)

I'm pretty sure I have covered most food groups. Though whether I have done well or not will all be revealed when she gets home and we see what/if anything is left.


2 comments:

  1. Can you keep posting Lucy's Luncboxes? Coby starts full days at Kindy on Tuesday and I need ideas!! Well done, it looks so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan is to post one every week. So that should be about 40, give or take, by the end of the year. hopefully this keeps my enthusiasm up to not use the canteen.

      Delete